Search This Blog

Monday, October 28, 2013

Done with week one!

I have to say, I have had a busy but successful week back on the paleo wagon. First of all, I am going to do a weigh in on Fridays because that is the day that I started and will try to update the blog over the weekend and post on Monday. We all know we get off a little on the weekends but nothing that will kill our  momentum. 

We have had some great meals and Cap hasn't complained about any of the eating. He had a PT test for the army and a weigh in and had lost about 5 lbs. At first I thought he was going to quit right after that and go back to eating what he wanted but he told me he will eat whatever I make him and will tell me if he cheats. 

I weighed in on Friday and was at 231.4 so I lost 8.5 lbs in a week. As of this morning I am at 229.4 even with semi good eating and drinking habits over the weekend. We had some mandatory fun with the army at an Oktoberfest event Friday night. It was super cold for the baby's first late night outing but he was happy. I ended up eating a brat with no bun and a piece of schnitzel and one hefeweizen beer. John had two brats with my buns and the big piece of schnitzel with two beers that night. Over the weekend we went to a pumpkin patch, carved our pumpkins, the flea market, and watched a lot of football but I was also able to get in my exercising as well. He drank a ton of beer this weekend while I kept to my Mich Ultra Apple Gluten free cider. It's super light and I had two each day. I didn't gain anything because I kept my eating right. Here is some of what I made this week:

 Cap asked for banana bread, so I used this pin from pinterest for the recipe. http://www.pinterest.com/pin/106327241176050970/ but it obviously does not look like what I made. I added sliced almonds, cherries, and cranberries to bulk it up. It said to cook for 50 minutes but 40 in it was already this brown. Doesn't taste burnt but not as good as the cookies were last week (which are all gone btw).
 It looked much nicer before I put it in the oven!
 Baby C decided that pumpkins are delicious and awesome for teething.

 Dressed as warmly as possible for Oktoberfest! Not a bad looking family.
 Here is a recipe I made up because I didn't want to defrost anything from my freezer and didn't think about dinner until that afternoon. I call it Spicy Ranch Bacon Shrimp.
 Ingredients:

Irregular cut bacon that makes piecing it for recipes so super easy. About 6 slices
30-40 medium shrimp, frozen shelled, deveined, uncooked
Fajita mix of frozen peppers and onions
2-4 table spoons of spicy ranch dressing (we used hidden valley)
Romaine Lettuce leaves (about 8)

1. Cook bacon in a skillet to desired level of crispness. Leave bacon in pan with bacon fat and add peppers and onions.
2. Cook until nice and browned and caramelized. 
3. Add shrimp and ranch dressing. Cook only til shrimp turn pink and start to curl up. It is very easy to overcook shrimp.
4. Serve on washed lettuce leaves. Tastes awesome!

 Having cute babies in the kitchen also help add flavor and love to the mix.
Mexican stuffed peppers. I used ground turkey, fajita mix of onions and peppers, and a can of diced tomatoes with green chili. I also added a tiny bit of red paper flake and cumin. After the peppers were stuff, I cooked them for 45 minutes in a greased pan, then added fiesta cheese mix on top for another 15 minutes. AWESOME easy meal. So green and healthy!

This week I am in charge of a zombie run at the battalion so I will be out and about a lot. I am bringing lots of KIND bars with me along with protein shakes that are low carb and almonds. I haven't had to go shopping again yet but I will after Wednesday. Halloween is going to be hard! We are going to visit family and friends and will have to let myself have some wiggle room. As long as I am active and don't over indulge, this should be a safe trip. I am not going to beat myself up. I already met and exceeded my 10 lb goal before I left on the trip, so if i lose more before then gain back up to that 10 lb goal, I will be ok with it. Next goal will be 25 lbs down before Thanksgiving. I have 29 days from now to lose 14.5 lbs. I think I can average a 2-3 lb loss a week now that the big loss is out of the way. I can do it! Already on my way! This is going to be slower going than before, but its the healthiest way for us and to get ready for another baby.

Please leave feedback about your journey or your own blog or story. I would love to share with you my new friends!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I was just wondering if you could answer a question I have about your blog! My name is Heather and my email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete