Search This Blog

Friday, May 4, 2012

awesome dinner tonight

I had a crazy busy day today. A full day of work and then shopping for two parties this weekend, as well as a meeting with my trainer to talk about my  new work out plan. All of this happened before getting home to make a nice home cooked paleo meal. I've been thinking about this meal all week and was so excited that I'd be sharing it with Cap finally, after his stint of night shifts. So I found this recipe for ginger marinated beef with a mango salsa topping here at http://everydaypaleo.com/2011/06/09/ginger-beef-with-mango-salsa/

And here is how mine came out!! So amazingly tasty and healthy and green! The salsa had a great kick and the meat was so tender from being on the grill. I even found some lettuce cups at the grocery store to top off the whole thing. I will definitely make this again. My semi paleo husband had his on whole wheat tortillas instead of the lettuce and was very pleased with the whole meal. I'm really craving something sweet right now though. I have a half pint of Soy Delicious Coconut milk vanilla bean ice cream in the fridge which is dairy and soy free so completely paleo. I think I shall indulge now. 

Tomorrow I've got a birthday party for little kids, cinco de mayo, and another friends celebration of a new job and drinking to deal with. I was going to make tomorrow a cheat day but I'm just doing so well that I don't think I can. Of course I'll have a glass of wine or two, but I think I'll do my best to stay paleo in my eating. I'm gonna go to a zumba fest/booty camp tomorrow for two hours in the morning, so maybe that will combat any damage I do with birthday cake... hey! I've done amazing for a month, I think I deserve some cake. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment