Search This Blog

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Victory!

Well I had my 14 week OB appointment yesterday. Mainly this one and the next one are just check ups to see how I'm feeling and to let the doctor know if I have any concerns. I also got to hear the heartbeat, which was nice and strong in the 140s! Yay! At this point in the pregnancy its still hard to know you're pregnant every day, because I don't have a pronounced belly and I'm no longer feeling sick. Speaking of bumps, my uterus is apparently very low down and if you match that with my awesomely long (sarcasm) torso, I'm gonna carry real low and just look pudgy until maybe midway? Who knows!

I was very nervous to go to this appointment because I don't want to gain more weight than I should and I was afraid my scale at home would not match what was happening in the doctor's office. But I shouldn't be worried because most of the time I eat really well and I exercise as much as I can, its still always in the back of your mind. I love Miss Jessica Simpson but weight watchers is not going to give me a 3 million dollar deal anytime soon to lose my baby weight, so I just can't go overboard like she did. I am proud to say that victory was indeed mine and I only gained 2 lbs of the 20 my doctor thinks is healthy to gain. Not bad for getting through an entire trimester! If I can keep this up through the holidays and get through to the last one, I think I will be plenty healthy come baby time.

Also, today is my four year wedding anniversary! Cap and I do the traditional gifts to eachother every year and this year's is a doozy. Fruit and flowers? I guess the perfect gift would be an edible arrangement right? Fruit in the shape of flowers? But I always think those things are just walking talking colds on a stick. I haven't gotten him anything yet because I really wanted him to get a new wedding ring. Did I mention that he accidently sent it down the disposal without knowing and crushed it?? Yea I was wondering why those sounds were coming from our sink before we moved! I trust him completely, but what is hotter than a good looking military officer carrying an adorable baby while wearing no wedding band? Exactly! So I'm holding out. I do hope he thinks of me though.

We have a weekend of eating ahead of us. This morning went to Ihop with his class and their wives and this afternoon is a BBQ thrown by one of the couples. I broke down and made my favorite side dish every, corny cornbread casserole, which is pretty much cornbread with a stick of butter, sour cream, and cans of corn and creamed corn. Bake until succulent! Not very healthy but I since I won't be drinking, I figure there are extra calories for me to go around. We are also going to hit the farmer's market and maybe the Seafood festival uptown as well on Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there. I was wondering if you felt like doing Paleo was part of your success and getting pregnant. I started a PCOS and Paleo blog, and would love your input. I'm trying to spread the word about how life changing this could be for those of us with PCOS who have been going to the ends of the earth to conceive. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete