Search This Blog

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

Well its been a pretty exciting day. I woke up with a very grumpy husband who was making me very mad, but we went to mass and it seemed to be getting better. I was having a hard time controlling my temper, but I was able to control it (to a point). I got light headed at church and started to have a hotflash but I do think it had to do with being very hungry, since I hadn't eaten anything but a banana before leaving the house. I also think that since there were so many people there and that it was very hot caused it too. But I had an apple with me and almonds in the car, so I felt better.

Brunch? Lunch? Dinner? I don't know, all I've had is one meal today, but it was superb! I started with my ham in the oven with some sweet potatoes, along with grilled asparagus and stuffing for Cap. He ate the whole box of stovetop to himself, I didn't even want any of it. I got the ham recipe here... the citrus glaze was awesome! http://fastpaleo.com/honey-and-citrus-glazed-ham/ . I couldn't find an uncured ham, so that is why I say this is mostly paleo and not completely. But I feel good about what I ate. I've also had about a bottle of wine... HEY! I gave it up for 40 days and I probably won't drink again til after I'm pregnant, but its a holiday and I deserved it. 

Dessert was found here and I've been drooling about it for about a week! http://cupcakesomg.blogspot.com/2012/01/twofaced-tuesday-cocoa.html and here are my steps as I went in making it. I couldn't quite get the coconut cream to whip, but I think its because I got too much of the coconut water in the mix, so I just used heavy whipping cream. Also, my first attempt at chocolate covered raspberries went askew. I couldn't find any... so I covered strawberries in dark chocolate, 100% chocolate, which was way too bitter. So on the way home from church, we got bars of dark chocolate 72% on covered bananas that I had on hand. Much better! haha

Made the meringue over the double boiler then threw it in the mixer. 

Oooh pretty peak right? haha 

Arrested development type frozen banana treats... not as pretty but hey! they do the job!

There it is in the oven chillen with the baked sweet potatoes

Voila! Finished product! Gourmet I do believe...

I have had some ups and downs today but I think it was mainly from hunger and heat. I hope that I can maintain my demeanor throughout the month. I can't wait for tomorrow's last dose and this coming week. I need to make sure I get my workouts in and plenty of water and fruit and veggies to get ready for ovulation. This weekend has been pretty good and I think Cap and I are ready for anything. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment