Search This Blog

Monday, April 9, 2012

Last day of clomid, still so much to do

Well I made a pretty sizable error at work last week, almost comparable to the last time I took the Clomid and forgot to pay our mortgage. Ouch on the late fee! I overdeposited to the bank and we were short, a lot! I don't even know what I was thinking, I've never made that kind of mistake before. Well even when I caught it, it didn't even dawn on me that it was my fault. I thought there was an error from the weekend. I felt so dumb, almost as dumb as falling off the table last week. I don't know how I'm gonna cope with pregnancy brain if its this bad now. Anyway, work was long and boring and I didn't even get to the gym until 4 this afternoon. I had to come home and immediately get dinner started.

We were watching a recorded TV show and the buzzer sounded on the oven so I got up and Cap was asking me what the show was that was on after our show and I screamed at him HOW WOULD I KNOW? I"M MAKING YOUR DINNER!! Then he took me by the shoulders and told me that I had just "clomid-ed." Well at least we are both catching it little by little. It's only bound to get worse. But in the meantime I made ANOTHER delicious meal. I've been on fire lately!

I made an awesome paleo shepherds pie. A shepherds pie, by definition is whatever you've got leftover in your fridge and pantry to be thrown together and topped with mashed potatoes. I will be going shopping for the week tomorrow after work so this was really all I'd had left over. Of course I didn't use potatoes on mine, I separated the meal in to two cake pans, one for each of us. Mine were topped with mashed cauliflower with garlic. YUM!

1 lb ground grass fed beef, browned in butter to make a sauce
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped celery
salt and pepper
1 steamable bag of cauliflower
or
(non paleo, instant mashed potatoes)
1 cup shredded organic white cheddar cheese

I threw all the veggies in a pan to saute them and get them going then after 8 minutes, placed them in a bowl then browned the meat in the butter then added it to the bowl to mix all the juices together. While that was going I steamed the cauliflower in the microwave and then blended it in my ninja chopped to make it mashed.

I then divided the bowl ingredients between two round cake pans and topped them with cauliflower for me, and potatoes for Cap. Then since I'm a pro dairy paleo, topped them both with organic cheddar cheese and covered them in foil and placed them in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. When the oven rings, uncover the two pans and continue cooking for another 10 minutes. They should be bubbly slightly browned on top!

To die for! I have no idea what I'm making tomorrow, I need to start researching and getting a shopping list going.

No comments:

Post a Comment