Search This Blog

Monday, April 2, 2012

Paleo day one

So I had a little friend visit me last night! And the cycle has restarted! I love when my cycle day is the first of the month. It's so much easier to track things. So the crazy pills will start on Thursday. I'll show you my chart on Friday.

Anyway, today also starts my paleo lifestyle. Last night in anticipation of going through the sugar withdrawals, I decided to make breakfast for the week. I found some cute pictures of mini casseroles on Pinterest but none that actually linked to ingredients and times for cooking, so I took it upon myself to make one as tasty as possible. Now, a lot of people are torn on the role of dairy in the paleo lifestyle but I'm gonna at least keep it in this week as I'm transitioning and then see if I can take it out.

So here is what I made!

6 brown cage free organic eggs
1 splash of organic heavy cream
4 strips of nitrate free bacon chopped up
1 cup of organic white cheddar cheese
2 tbs organic butter



The first thing I did was heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and I pan fried the bacon pieces. I also saved the rendered bacon fat for later use. You need to let the bacon cool before you add it to the other ingredients in a large bowl or it will start to curdle. I also lined a muffin pan with cups but you can just use butter to grease the pan. I then cooked the egg mixture for 25 minutes and then a minute on broil to get a nice brown top. Then I stuck them in a Tupperware bowl and will eat 2 or 3 each morning. That amount of ingredients only made 10 cups so I think one more egg would have givens an even dozen. They were really delicious the next day!

For lunch I had a prepared salad that I added shredded chicken and homemade olive oil and lemon juice dressing to. I also loaded up on fruits cause of an insane workout today; a banana, pear, and almonds to keep my energy up.

My workout today was a mile and a half run and some arms and abs toning. It was boiling hot outside today so I'm thinking of moving all my outdoor workouts til before 8am.

For dinner I made one of the recipes from Paleo Diet Lifestyle whose recipe can be found here:
Instead of making homemade sweet potato fries, I did some hunting and found out that the Ore Ida crinkle fries have the least additives and preservatives and extra sugars, so I had one serving of that. This meal was so moist!!


Here's mine! I had a lot of leftovers as well and will eat that all day tomorrow as well as making a stock from the carcass. I need to run to the store and get veggies to throw in with it. I'll let you know how that goes.

All in all it was a pretty good day with no sugar cravings. Tomorrow might be harder because I don't have work and will try to stay out of the house as much as I can. My husband did eat some Popsicles  in front of me and that was really mean, but I'm also thinking of making some paleo breakfast bread tomorrow with the almond flour that I got at the super market to be a sweeter treat. But then again, maybe I should wait til next week and just eat fruit when I have a craving... we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment