Search This Blog

Saturday, April 21, 2012

A record breaking weekend

I ran a 5k this morning. I have been training for it for about 3 months, since my last one in December. I had walked the last one with some friends, although I had wanted to jog at least part of it, but a headache had kept me up all the night before. So this morning, I ran the I AM STRONG Army 5k. I ran most of the way, the first half of it completely, then I walked and ran the rest of the way. I had done 50 minutes at the first one and in practice the best I had done was 45 minutes. Today I finished in 38 minutes! I was dumbfounded looking at my gps when it was looking like I'd make it under 40 minutes at the top of mile two.

Now Cap, who's in the army, did say I ran as fast as most people walk, but he's a foot taller than me and has been in good health since joining. I'm just now getting in to shape and had never run in my life so a 12 minute mile is nothing to snub your nose at. I spent the rest of today at the flea market and then an Earth Day festival. We even ate out and had some BBQ. I couldn't eat any of the sides but I did have 3 nice juicy pork smoked ribs! YUMM and paleo. 

I also wanted to put up my chart for the week. I've had a raised BBT all week since ovulating last weekend, its been steady and up. I'm pretty sure I've ovulated and we did all we could at the right time to hope to get a positive pregnancy result. Of course, I'm drinking a glass of red wine right now, which I do not make a habit of, but I was assured by a friend that a glass or two this early wouldn't be harmful. I won't drink again until I know whether or not I'm pregnant, but I just felt like some wine tonight. I'm also making some baked sweet potatoes, the zucchini boats, and a london broil roast for dinner. 


Wish me luck next week,  I've got blood tests super early on Monday to see if I ovulated and then I should be able to start at home testing around Friday. EEk!

No comments:

Post a Comment